Who gets admin?
- Squad Leaders
- Assistant Squad Leaders
- Ranks Corporal and Above
- Military Police
- Engineer Corps members (as necessary)
How do I get admin?
If you are in one of the groups listed above, you will usually have your admin login details PM'd to you. If this has not happened yet, reply here stating so and which group(s) qualifies you to receive admin, and our Access Technician will get you setup.
How do I use admin?
If you have your admin login, read the Server Admin Guide to learn how to use admin.
When can I use admin?
There is only one server admin at a time. The server admin is always the highest ranked 29th member in the server at the time. Exceptions are as follows:
- If the highest ranking 29th member authorizes someone else to 'be the admin' instead
- If the highest ranking 29th member is unresponsive and an issue needs to be dealt with
- If a Military Police officer deems a situation an emergency and does not have time to consult the highest ranking 29th member
What constitutes a Kick / Ban?
Instant Ban, Without Warning
- Mass intentional killing of teammates
- Team killing before leaving the server to "go out with a bang"
- Any other 'emergency' situation (you will have to explain your judgement in the ban log)
Process for Everything Else
(e.g. things like revenge TKing, camping spawn, foul language, disrespecting admins/the 29th, etc.)
- Warn them (When possible, be polite. Maybe they don't know it's a rule.)
- If they continue, Kick them (If they come back in, warn them the next action will be a ban.)
- If they continue, Ban them
Note that session bans can be used in exchange for kicks or bans depending on the severity of the rule being broken.
Remember that most video game servers are a place of anarchy, swearing and team killing. New players in our server don't know ours is different. Whenever possible, they should find out by us telling them rather than by us banning them.
Notes on Admin Usage
- Remember that most video game servers are a place of anarchy, swearing and team killing. New players in our server don't know ours is different. Whenever possible, they should find out by us telling them rather than by us banning them.
- Admins Must Log every Ban in the ban log if you don't your ban may be removed.
- Admins will not discuss bans on the servers under any circumstances (instead refer interested parties to the ban dispute thread).
- Admins, When Kicking for members: if possible warn pubbers that they are being kicked for members.
- Admins will not change Maps when the server is open to the Public (Unless instructed). Fixing map changes caused by "server crash" or if a scrim/drills is about to take place are the only times permitted
- After drills, admins must reset the server and any changes made to the servers settings back to normal
- Use the words Please and Thank you , this keeps minor situations from getting out of hand, and promotes a positive image of the 29th.