There a four options to choose from when selecting the difficulty of a mission from the mission selection screen (#missions).
Recruit, Regular, and Veteran are all hard coded. Specific options cannot be altered. Custom can be altered to taste and is set via the server profile: server.ArmA3Profile. Custom can also be forced via the server configuration file.
Difficulty Settings Descriptions
- Reduced Damage
- Decreases damage dealt to the player and members of his group.
- Skill is how smart the AI is and equates to finding cover, leaving cover, returning fire, throwing smoke, burst/full auto v. single fire, fleeing, advancing. 1.00 = 100%
- Precision is how accurate the AI’s shots are.1.00 = 100%
- Shows indication icons on units in player’s group.
- Friendly unit identification. Works only when the player aims at a unit.
- Enemy unit identification. Works only when the player aims at a unit.
- Shows icons indicating exact positions of mines. show = display the indicators on mines at 200m and closer.
- Displays command icons like target markers, get in command and others.
- Manages visibility of waypoint markers.
- Weapon Info
- Shows Weapon Info box (contains round and magazine count, firing mode, etc.).
- Displays stance indication (contains actual stance, weapon resting and deployment).
- Manages visibility of stamina indicator. true = fades in when stamina changes.
- Shows weapon crosshair both in 1st and 3rd person view.
- Shaded Circle on the perimeter edge of screen. Helps to detect units in visual range and identify friend from foe.
- Enables camera switching to 3rd person view.
- Shakes camera if player is near explosion, passing vehicle or if player’s vehicle is under G-load.
- Displays table with kills, deaths and overall score in multiplayer.
- Death messages. Shows in chat window who killed the player.
- VON ID
- Indicates who is speaking through VON communication.
- Shows friendly units, enemy units and detected mines on the map.
- Enables automatic reporting of various situations by the player.
- Allows player to create multiple saves in a mission.
|Group Indicators||On||On (Fade)||Off|
|Friendly Tags||On||On (Fade)||Off|
|Enemy Tags||On||On (Fade)||Off|
|Detected Mines||On||On (Fade)||Off|
|Commands||On||On (Fade)||On (Fade)|
|Weapon Info||On||On||On (Fade)|
|Stance Indicator||On||On||On (Fade)|
|Stamina Bar||On (Fade)||On (Fade)||Off|
|Squad Radar 1.63||On||On||Off|
|Third Person View||On||On||Off|
|Multiple Saves SP Only||On||On||Off|