How to install mods
The process of installing mods through the Steam Workshop is fairly easy and fast to use. The best part of the Steam Workshop is that your mods are automatically updated and therefore require no action after the subscription of the mod pack. A couple things to note:
- Steam Workshop is the only supported method of keeping the mods updated.
- If you use any other method be aware that we may be unable to assist you if you run into issues.
- Only use the link provided below as no other is supported.
Steam Workshop guide
The 29th uses the Steam Workshop to organise mods for our training and events. This allows us to keep our servers and members' mod content congruent while maximising ease of acquisition.
If you already have experience using the Steam Workshop and just want to download. Here is the link:
Go to the Steam Libary and Right click on Arma 3 in the libary. Select View Community Hub
Now on the tabs on top Select Workshop, Next select at the tab Browse and select Collections.
On the Top right use the search bar and enter Official 29th ID Mod Collection. If correctly you will see the following Collection.
Next, to subscribe to the mods we will press the button in the middle of the page under the description called Subscribe to all. You will have to scroll down slightly on the page to see this. From now on all mods in the collection will be downloaded automatically.
Setting up TFAR (Task Force Arrowhead Radio)
When finished downloading all the mods the collection included TFAR requires another step and is a bit more complicated. It requires plugins to be installed to Teamspeak 3. To do this follow the following instructions.
- Navigate to the following folder: \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\620019431
- Open the Teamspeak folder and double click the file: task_force_radio.ts3_plugin
- A window will appear asking you to install the plugin to Teamspeak 3. Click install.
- 107410 = the Arma 3 folder
- 620019431 = the Task_Force_Radio folder.
NOTE:To double check if the TFAR plugin is installed and activated correctly. Start Teamspeak 3, click on Tools -> Options -> Addons and check if Task Foce Arma 3 Radio is set to Enabled. If it is not activated or not available, follow the steps in this section to do activate.
Things to note / guides:
- Make sure Capslock is not used elsewhere as this is the main button for speaking.
- [How to operate the radio]
- [Overview of Radios]
- [Radio use in the field]
- [Key Configuration]
Launching the game
When launching the game you will be confronted by the launcher for Arma 3, here you will be able to select the mods you wish to activate that we just have downloaded through the Steam Workshop.
ArmA 3 Launcher
Double Click Arma 3 in Steam library; this will open the Arma 3 Launcher. Click the tab titled MODS. You will see all your subscribed/non subscribed mods which are downloaded and located on your machine. By default, these mods are not activated and you will have to manually activate them.
Select the following mods:
NOTE:All mods in this list are required for 29th drills.
- 29th Infantry Division
- Task Force Radio
- ACE Compat - RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation
- ACE Compat - RHS United States Armed Forces
- ACE Compat - RHS GREF
- CUP Terrains - Core
- CUP Terrains - Maps
- Isla Abramia
- VT5 - Valtatie 5
- Sugar Lake
- GRAD Trenches
- ShackTac User Interface
Now go to the top right tab Preset and select Save As and type in a name for the preset. For example 29th Infantry Division.
By default when restarting Arma 3 all mods will be loaded the last time they loaded so you will only have to do this once.
Now press Play and go to multiplayer and join the 29th server with all mods.