Launching Arma 3 with mods
|CHECK HERE FOR THE LATEST MOD LIST|
|OFFICIAL 29TH ID MOD COLLECTION|
^^ DO THIS ^^ The rest of the information on this page is for advanced users only.
|NOTE: The 29th ID preferred and supported method for launching the game with mods (or at all, really) is the Official BI Arma 3 Launcher|
Alternatives For Launching Arma 3 With Mods
Steam Set Launch Options
By using start-up parameters you can launch the game with different options. Here I will talk mainly about the "-mod=" parameter but there are others you may choose to use as well from the previous link; such as "-nosplash" and "-skipintro" to speed up launching the game.
To alter the start-up parameters through steam:
- Choose the game shortcut in Library
- Right click on the game
- Select "Properties"
- Click "Set launch options..."
Let's say our Company Server is running with this mod line:
Notice the semi colon which separates each mod, these are required and the line will not work without them.
So, in the text field of the "Launch Options..." window you would place "-mod=@CBA_A3;@koplic;@agm;"(no quotes) Click "OK" and, launch the game and find a server running the mods you have initialized.
Create a Custom Short-cut
You may also create shortcuts on your desktop, each with a different set of start-up parameters or mod line. In this example we will create a short-cut to launch the game with the Company server mods. To do this:
- Navigate to your Arma 3 main directory (folder). /Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Arma 3
- Find the file called "arma3.exe"
- Right click on the "arma3.exe" file
- Select: Send to->Desktop (create shortcut). This will create a shortcut to the launch the game by.
- Rename the shortcut "29th ID Company Server" (or whatever you want).
- Right click on the short-cut and select the "Properties" tab.
- At the end of the "Target" field add the mod line
- Click on the "Apply" button at the bottom left
- Click the "Compatibility" tab
- Under "Priviledge Level" click the box next to "Run this program as an administrator"
- Click on the "Apply" button again
- Click the "OK" button and the window will close
- Double-click on your new short-cut to launch the game.
Short-cut will join the server directly on game launch
If you want to join directly into the server (once you have the shortcut) you would add these parameters to the start up string.
|-connect=<ip>||Server IP to connect to|
|-port=<number>||Server port to connect to|
|-password=<string>||Password for the server (if required)|
|NOTE: If the password has spaces you need to surround <string> with quotes, like this "pass word".|
So, to expand on the example above you would make the startup string look like this:
|-mod=@CBA_A3;@koplic;@agm -connect=126.96.36.199 -port=2302 -password=password|
The IPs and ports for the servers are:
|SERVER NAME||SERVER IP||SERVER PORT|
|29th ID A3 Squad Server||188.8.131.52||2302|
|29th ID A3 Company Server||184.108.40.206||2302|
|29th ID A3 Platoon Server||220.127.116.11||2302|
|29th ID A3 Battalion Server||18.104.22.168||2302|
You can also add the path to a custom mods folder location in the -mod parameter like this:
|Note the quotes around the -mod line, this is required because there is a space in the mod path. If the path has no spaces do not input the quotes.|