What is The ArmA 3 Profile?
Your profile is your identity in the game. By adjusting the various settings you can create an avatar that is unique within the game environment. Access your profile from the main menu by clicking on CONFIGURE then PROFILE. Delete an old profile by selecting from the list and click on DELETE. To create a new profile click NEW. To edit an existing profile click EDIT.
Here you will set your in-game name which is displayed in the player list, the chat and VOIP.
The 29th naming convention for ArmA 3 is:
- Pvt. Lastname
- PFC Lastname
ATTENTION:Our Squad XML has been implemented. The naming convention above must be used.
You can select from the various face types. Faces with paint or non-traditional designs are not allowed.
Various different eye-wear.
Set the voice type.
Changes the pitch of the voice type. Move the slider to the left to decrease the pitch (deeper) and to the right to increase the pitch (higher).
A URL is provided below for you to input into the `SQUAD URL` field. Once in your profile, every time you join a game, the Arma 3 server will access the URL. The Unit information and player information will be available. The graphic will appear in the player information, on the right shoulder of your uniform, and on vehicles you drive.
Right click the link above and select Copy link address. Paste into the Squad Url field by typing Ctrl+V
This number is a unique identifier specific to each player and is identical to your SteamID64. The player ID is used by the game to identify you and coordinate specific actions. It will be applied automatically to each profile you create and cannot be edited.
Changing Profile Name While Retaining All Settings
- Start the game and create your new profile with default settings. This is so it creates the folder you need to enter.
- Shut down the game.
- Navigate to C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Arma 3 and copy the two profile files with the old nick and settings in them.
- Navigate to C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\NewNick Paste the copied files into this folder.
- Cut the NewNick files and paste them to desktop. The files with the default settings you do not want.
- With the NewNick files moved rename the OldNick files into the NewNick file names. Just right click rename the desktop files and copy the text.
- Once you have done this the NewNick profile will have the same settings as the OldNick profile.
- Start the game and select the NewNick profile.