2014-12-31 We're moving to a new forum/personnel system today. Click here for details.

Author Topic: Battle Awards (Third Platoon).  (Read 4547 times)

Offline Lt. Col. Wilson

•  
  • Battalion Commander
  • Bn. HQ
    • AOL Instant Messenger - wilson29thid
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • 29th Infantry Division
    • Email
Battle Awards (Third Platoon).
« on: April 17, 2007, 12:04:27 AM »
29TH INFANTRY DIVISION
116TH REGIMENT, 1ST BN
HEADQUARTERS DESK
$2

Gentlemen,

Congratulations to the men of Third Platoon for experiencing their first taste of battle, and congratulations to Charlie Company as a   whole for experiencing their first loss in a scrimmage since I was appointed CO. Our rock solid defense was not penetrated, and we won   the first round. But the men of the 2nd Infantry Division managed to hold off our attack, forcing us to go into a tie-breaking   "attack/attack". Although attack/attack scrimmages are the epitome of fast-paced reflex battles and anything but realistic, they are   used for tie-breakers since attack/defense scrimmages give an advantage to one team.

The tie breaker went all the way to 2v2, when the 2nd ID took out the last two of our guys. It was a rough night for all of us, as none of   you have had to experience that before, and didn't know what kind of reaction to give to something like that. But I did.

Although all of your training, these months and years many of you have been here seemed to be dependant upon "14 sets of 50/50s",   based on the limitations of Day of Defeat, the loss in a scrimmage shines light in areas that would otherwise be ignored.

Number one, this opens Charlie Company up to many more deployment opportunities. Picture having perfect attendance all of your life   up until high school, and the stress that comes with that. Terrified of being sick or having a cough or having to attend a funeral...we no   longer have to fear that, and are able to deploy our men with more confidence and even less pressure. We no longer have to be those   "isolated guys that never scrimmage other units".

This also allows us to identify weaknesses in our platoons. An undefeated record simply says "keep doing what you're doing," offering   no suggestions on improvement; but we are now able to identify what we can improve on and do it.

There are several other benefits that have come from this that many of you have also overlooked at first, which I have discussed with   the platoon leaders. Rather than dwelling on them here, we have other things to move on to. Improvements in AIT efficiency, Campaign   mode for tomorrow night's company drills, Corporal Oberholtzer's OCS, the several promotions that happened tonight, and a bunch of   other projects our Engineer Corps is working on. We haven't skipped a beat, lads, and I hope none of you have either.

Now on to the medals.

All participants in this scrimmage receive their first Combat Infantry Badge.
First Sergeant Reyes being excluded from receiving the badge as he already got his long ago  ;)
One more scrimmage for him and he'll have his CIB, 3rd Award.

2Lt. Lucas G. Nishimoto
FSgt. Martin Reyes (excluded)
SSgt. James A. Caruso
Sgt. David W. Epperson
Cpl. Jesse J. Oberholtzer
Cpl. Gerrod S. Ladydorfer
Cpl. Keith A. Olson
Cpl. Joseph A. Revelle
T/5 Evan G. Powell
PFC Collin W. Ayers
PFC Luis F. Conceicao
PFC Devin A. Fisher
PFC Brett D. Fale
PFC Liam E. Quinn

From First Sergeant Reyes
Ayers in my honest opinion was hands down our MVP.  Bar none.  This kid really impressed me, more than once in that scrimmage.    His shot into the garage during our defense was hands down, absolutely one of the best shots I've ever seen.  I even doubt I would've   gotten that shot on the first try, second at best.   He went above and beyond his duty during the whole entire scrimmage, he stood his   ground did what he was told to do, even though he knew he would die.  But even that, even though he knew he was gonna die, he fought   to the last second.  His effort, really made me proud.  Even after the scrimmage, he messaged me on steam friends apologizing.  I told   him he had nothing to apologize for.  I told him that he played a main factor in that scrimmage on several occasions and he gave me his   best effort, that was all I asked from everyone.  Their best effort.  Ayers gave me his best, and then some.

PFC Collin W. Ayers, for your acts of bravery and subordination in the scrimmage, combined with your excellent setting of example   since your entry to the unit, you are being awarded the Silver Star. Congratulations, PFC.

:sstar:

During the scrimmage when hope was all we had, and people started going down.  These guys reminded everyone it wasn't over.  They   took it upon themselves to take charge when it was time to get things moving and try to win it for the team.  Their effort, was   monumental.  During the attack when I went down, followed by SSgt. Caruso, the team was left in Lt. Nishimoto's hands.  He quickly   regrouped everyone, made sure everyone was okay and that the men's morale was still high enough to try and pull out a victory.  He   lead to the best of his ability, even put his own life in danger to make sure his men would be able to live to fight another die.  Cpl.   Epperson did the same.  When 2Lt. Nishimoto went down, Epps took charge.  He and a couple of other guys who were left slowly made   their way to the rest of the team.  Epps, an extraordinary squad leader got his men to where they needed to be, until he went down.  He   died, he took the bullet for them.  Same goes for Revelle.  He tried to coordinate some sort of attack on the fountain from my   understanding.  He and a couple other PFC's were left, he took charge and did so quite well.  He was unfortunately picked off by an   enemy who was hiding in the fountain, but had an integral impact while in charge.

Second Lieutenant Lucas G. Nishimoto
Sergeant David W. Epperson
Corporal Joseph A. Revelle

are each being awarded the Soldiers Medal for their incredible acts of leadership and responsibility for preventing the KIA of other   soldiers. Congratulations, gentlemen.

:sm:

PFC Luis F. Conceicao demonstrated superb Machine Gun prowess on defense as well as on offense during the scrimmage, going  above  and beyond duty quite successfully. He is being awarded the Bronze Star - congratulations, PFC.

:bstar:

And a special thank you to the fine men of the 2nd Infantry Division, who not only obeyed every server rule of the 29th, but acted with   the same professionalism and respect we demand of our guys. They were very respectful and welcome always in our servers.

Ever Forward,

:wilson-white:

Captain Wilson
29th Infantry Division
1/116th Rgt, Charlie Co.
Commanding
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 05:12:02 PM by PFC Ayers »

Offline Sgt. Revelle

• Honorably Discharged
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bulls3ye09
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
Re: Battle Awards (Third Platoon)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 12:16:01 AM »
Congratulations everyone. I had one hell of a time out there regardless of the outcome. I really hope to be apart of such an amazing event again in the future. :)
:revelle:

Offline Cpl. Ducat

• Honorably Discharged
  • FSgt.Epperson and PFC Ducat fishin' Indiana
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ducat35
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - carl_ducat2002
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 12:38:05 AM »
Greta job guys. Keep up the good work. ;)
FSgt.Epperson and PFC Ducat fishin' Indiana

Offline Cpl. Strauss

• Honorably Discharged
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strauss29thid
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Central Kansas Controls
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 02:18:08 AM »
Congratulations!!!!  Wish I could have been there.

Offline PFC McGraw

• Discharged
    • MSN Messenger - Sweet3zx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - gocheck02020
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 05:12:08 AM »
Congrats everyone in Cp3
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Field Marshell Erwin Rommel aka. Desert Fox-

fidem servabo genusque

Offline Sgt. Commander

• Honorably Discharged
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 06:27:41 AM »
Congratulations gentlemen, now you are seasoned veterans ;D
"Cobra Squad All The Way"

Offline Cpl. Sabol

• Honorably Discharged
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 07:56:46 AM »
Congrats CP3, now I wait for my chance to get some cut throat scrimmage action
And remind them once again, that you can't kill heroes.

Offline PFC Leary

• Honorably Discharged
    • AOL Instant Messenger - leary854
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 12:11:18 PM »
Congrats all.

Offline T/5 Mendoza

• Honorably Discharged
  • La vida es lo que pasa mientras mueres
    • MSN Messenger - rynepro16@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rynepro
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 02:21:45 PM »
congrats all guys!  ;)

sometimes the best award its to lose so you can learn from your mistakes! so keep it up guys! :D
z00kem n00kem FTW!!!

Offline Cpt. Cooke

•  
  • DP1S1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Cooke+29thID
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 03:10:20 PM »
Good job CP3

Offline OBrian

• Registered Member
  • War is fear cloaked in courage
    • View Profile
    • 2nd Infantry Division
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 03:28:27 PM »
Hell of a job men, You gave 2nd Infantry exactly what they expected going into the battle, a clash of realism Titans. win or lose I believe everyone left the field that night and learned something from those events...

GodSpeed

Company Executive Officer
First Lieutenant James E. O'Brian "Obie"
Company "A," First Battalion
38th Infantry Regiment
2nd Infantry Division "Second To None!!"
U.S. First Army

Offline Pvt. Toljamo

• Honorably Discharged
  • Pvt.Toljamo [29th ID]
    • MSN Messenger - venusingo@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 03:39:22 PM »
*Salute* Cp3
Love your ENEMY Thats makes them more angry

Offline Cpl. Nike

• Honorably Discharged
  • Я только имел Вас
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
Very nice Third platoon, You set an example for the rest of us.

*Salute*
Born to fight, Trained to kill, Ready to die, Never will

Offline Cpl. Hampson

• Honorably Discharged
  • Everyone wang chung tonight!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Atreyuman29
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Myspace.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 06:45:11 PM »
Great job guys
And for everyone who got a medal awesome job, your showing what we're really about to other units

Offline T/5 Pinto Beans

• Honorably Discharged
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pinto29thid
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 07:42:46 PM »
Congratulations third platoon!

Tags: