2014-12-31 We're moving to a new forum/personnel system today. Click here for details.

Author Topic: Battle Awards (Second Platoon).  (Read 6125 times)

Offline Lt. Col. Wilson

•  
  • Battalion Commander
  • Bn. HQ
    • AOL Instant Messenger - wilson29thid
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • 29th Infantry Division
    • Email
Battle Awards (Second Platoon).
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:21:57 AM »
29TH INFANTRY DIVISION
116TH REGIMENT, 1ST BN
HEADQUARTERS DESK
$2

Gentlemen,

This past Friday, 04 MAY 2007, Charlie Company's Second Platoon faced the 1st Royal Parachute Infantry Regiment in the urban city of Stadtkampf.

The men of the 1st Para put up a strong defense by barricading themselves in their spawn buildings, leaving Second Platoon's attack plan to get them to the other side without any contact. But the dynamic leadership training in CP2 quickly kicked in as squad leaders began positioning their men in excellent positions that were based on the known safe areas and known threat areas, and the platoon already knew what kind of formation to set up to face a barricade. In our attack against what seemed like a building full of 15 opponents, it truly showed what training, discipline, and organisation do to set Charlie Company apart.

Combat Infantry Badge 1st Award

1Lt. Herman A. Nobles
2Lt. Jake R. Lilley
SSgt. Michael K. Shore
Sgt. Eugina K. Chancevic
Cpl. Nick A. Kiminski
Cpl. Nareth Sovanna
T/5 Roy A. Jenkins
PFC Arin E. Aronson
PFC Glenn S. Hart
PFC David A. Hester
PFC Brandon M. Long
PFC Ercan Maxwell
PFC Alan B. Overby
Pvt. David Castillo

Combat Infantry Badge 3rd Award

FSgt. Martin Reyes
Congratulations On First Sergeant's FIFTH official scrimmage

European-African-Middle-Eastern-Campaign Medal
:eamc:

1Lt. Herman A. Nobles
2Lt. Jake R. Lilley
FSgt. Martin Reyes
SSgt. Michael K. Shore
Sgt. Eugina K. Chancevic
Cpl. Nick A. Kiminski
Cpl. Nareth Sovanna
T/5 Roy A. Jenkins
PFC Arin E. Aronson
PFC Glenn S. Hart
PFC David A. Hester
PFC Brandon M. Long
PFC Ercan Maxwell
PFC Alan B. Overby
Pvt. David Castillo

Silver Star
:sstar:
SSgt. Michael K. Shore
During our initial assault up the left streets into blue house, SSgt. Shore played a significant role. After securing blue house, we found ourselves in quite a standstill. SSgt. Shore, with one other soldier, went around through mid and cleared the building with the double windows. Being no threat he simply stated, "Awaiting Orders." T/5 Jenkins had been having a fire fight with someone down the rear alley to the left outside the back of bluehouse. SSgt. Shore with his trusty BAR charged the alley, not only eliminating one person, but in the process sending another 2 to Hades. For his marksmanship and playing a key role in our victory, I am awarding SSgt. Shore the Silver Star.

T/5 Roy A. Jenkins
During our defense T/5 really put himself on the line. He pushed the extremities and boundaries of the map, but never crossed the line. He was on the left flank and looked like he was having a competition to see who could kill the most. He surveyed the landscape and over the round took out at least 3 enemies, not even giving them a chance to hit our left flank. He probably got one or two more, but saw 3 in the middle of the round when I checked the score board. For playing a huge role in our success in defending the city of Stadtkampf, I am awarding T/5 Jenkins the Silver Star.

Legion of Merit
:lom:
2Lt. Jake R. Lilley
For not only creating an ingenious plan that ensured victory, but training his men to execute it day and night for weeks, Second Lieutenant Jake R. Lilley is being awarded the Legion of Merit. His plan ensured even more than victory, and he worked very hard with his platoon to perfect it.

Soldier's Medal
:sm:
1Lt. Herman A. Nobles
During our defense, 1Lt. Nobles was in the most forward position of anyone on the defense. He had his nose sitckin' out right over mid, watching the spawn exits and the "crack house" . He called out enemy positions depending whether the went left or right so that our flanks would be prepared. He also picked off a few in the process. 1Lt. played a key role for keeping our defense on their toes, and aiding us with outstanding scouting reports. For doing so which prevented the death of soldiers in combat (Only losing one on the defense) I am awarding 1Lt. Nobles the Soldiers Medal.

Sgt. Eugina K. Chancevic
During our assault, Sgt. Chancevic found herself being the very last one alive on our entire right flank. Our oversight team met up with her to triple the threat on the right side. Though she was KIA, the leadership she exemplified in maneuvering 2 other soldiers around with her was superb. They worked together whittling away at the defense. Sarge's actions are the epitome of what we teach in the 29th, and one of the soldiers on her side did in fact stay alive. For her actions in keeping men alive with her experience in combat leadership, I am awarding Sgt. Chancevic the Soldier's Medal.

Purple Heart
:pheart:
PFC Glenn S. Hart
Hart was the MG in our first attack. After getting no action over the mid, he went and aided Sgt. Chancevic on the right side. Losing his last two teammates, PFC Hart was then the last one alive holding off the entire flank. He was shot 2 times, taking his health down very very low, but it did not prevent him from doing his job. For staying alive and surviving the round with severely reduced health, I am awarding PFC Hart the Purple Heart.

PFC Brandon M. Long
During our attack on the blue house, long was precise in following orders. After bluehouse was secure, PFC Long was instructed to put himself out in the line of fire, for the greater good of locating enemy positions. Indeed he found the krauts. Taking cover behind the tank, PFC Long was shot, reducing his health to less than 40. Though severely wounded, PFC Long was a huge asset to our team all the way to the end of the round. His health did not prevent him from doing his job. For staying alive and surviving the round with severely reduced health, I am awarding PFC Long the Purple Heart.

Congratulations to all of you on the roster for instilling such pride in all the members of the 29th Infantry Division. Those who have fought, those who have fought to fight but never have, and those who have given up the right to fight so others could. And congratulations to the entire 29th Infantry Division on another victory, and more importantly, even more battle experience.

Ever Forward,

:wilson-white:

Captain Wilson
      29th Infantry Division
      1/116th Rgt, Charlile Co.
      Commanding Officer

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:15:14 PM by Cpt. Wilson »

Jenkins

Re: Battle Awards (Second Platoon)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 12:27:36 AM »
Brilliant work everybody and congratulations to all of CP2, and the rest of the 29th for helping us prepare for that day.

Offline Cpl. Strauss

• Honorably Discharged
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strauss29thid
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Central Kansas Controls
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 12:32:11 AM »
Great work everyone.  Congratulation on the win and the medals.

Offline Cpl. Maxwell

• Honorably Discharged
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 01:22:12 AM »
Great work, Everybody

Thanks for everybody who came to drills to help us out.

29th, Ever Forward

Offline Cpl. Ayers

• Honorably Discharged
  • oh..I see what you did there...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ayers29thid
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 06:45:42 AM »
great job everyone

Awesome job on win, and medals
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."  ~ George S. Patton

Offline Sgt. Commander

• Honorably Discharged
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 07:06:33 AM »
Congratulations CP2, good job!
"Cobra Squad All The Way"

Offline Hullihen

• Discharged
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 07:58:53 AM »
Congrats guys, you served well and made us proud, 29 Ever Forward!

Offline Wolf

• Discharged
  • The strength of the wolf is the pack.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Wolf29th
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • 29th ID
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 08:02:35 AM »
Great job yall, heres for the Blue and Grey!
LDRSHIP: Loyalty, Discipline, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.

Offline Cpl. Sabol

• Honorably Discharged
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 08:35:20 AM »
I was there helping you guys train, you deserved this scrimmage and win, hard work guys keep it up :O
And remind them once again, that you can't kill heroes.

Offline Lanzendorfer

• Discharged
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 10:39:21 AM »
Very nice everyone. Way to show 'em what the 29th is all about.
"For the first time in history does a nation have complete gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient. The world will follow our lead in the future." - Adolph Hitler, 15 April 1935

Offline Sgt. Quinn

• Honorably Discharged
    • MSN Messenger - capeavenger@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AApocolypse
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 10:41:23 AM »
GJ CP2 way to make the 29th proud
"Your name starts with a Q"
2Lt. Nishimoto

Offline Abdel [36th AIR]

• Registered Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 10:50:49 AM »
Congratulations guys!

I wish I knew who I killed on the last round so I could brag about it a little lol, but no seriously, you guys destroyed.

Offline PFC Berry

• Discharged
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 11:15:54 AM »
Great job to all of you... Gratz on all the medals.   *Salute*

Offline PFC Leary

• Honorably Discharged
    • AOL Instant Messenger - leary854
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 12:07:15 PM »
Congrats to all, and nice job on the win.

Offline Sgt. Revelle

• Honorably Discharged
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bulls3ye09
    • View Profile
    • View Personnel File
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 02:23:44 PM »
Congratulations CP2 on your victory. Hope for many more to come.
:revelle:

Tags: